KPO Executive Board Meeting
7:00 p.m. @ School Library
Dear Kempner Family:
The Kempner Parent Organization (Kempner’s PTO) invites you to join the “Commitment to Learning” campaign to show support for our KHS students, faculty and staff. The KPO membership drive is combined with the fundraising campaign so that you can conveniently make a single payment. The KPO is funded by membership dues, donations and weekly cookie sales conducted at KHS. Unfortunately, our cookie fundraiser is on hold at this time due to CDC Guidelines and FBISD policy.
Why Join the KPO as a Member?
The KPO’s mission is
- To develop and promote understanding, cooperation, and support among parents, teachers and administrators in order to provide the best possible education for our children
- To improve our school environment with resources that are not provided or not provided for sufficiently in the school and district budgets but are deemed necessary or desirable by the staff for the support and education of our children
- To enhance students’ educational experience by supporting academic and enrichment activities
We do this through:
- Holding monthly PTO meetings in an informal “meet & greet” format to inform parents about KHS activities and events while allowing parents to make connections with others in the community.
- Actively reaching out to new parents at various KHS meetings for incoming students.
- Funding numerous projects for the benefit of our KHS students, including partnerships with administration and student organizations
Why Support the PTO “Commitment to Learning” Fundraising Campaign?
- KHS operates at a level beyond FBISD funding – the school as a whole is sustained by fundraising by the KPO, while the athletics and band programs are supported by their own booster clubs (KABC and KMCBC)
- KHS receives 100% of your donation - every dollar benefits students and teachers.
- KPO is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization and all contributions are tax deductible.
Where Does the Money Go?
- Faculty Grants – The largest recipient of KPO funds; faculty grants provide classroom supplies and equipment not funded by the district. Grants are given to both academics and fine arts programs so as to benefit all students, regardless of participation in extracurricular activities.
- Teacher Appreciation – In the past, we have hosted a Welcome Back Breakfast for the teachers in the Fall, and a luncheon in the Spring.
- Senior Breakfast – In the past, we have hosted his annual event the final week of school to celebrate all graduating Seniors.
- Excellence Recognition – In the past, we have partnered with administration to recognize excellence in students, i.e. AP Scholars, Honor Roll, Perfect Attendance.
We hope to be able to provide these well-deserved recognition events for our students and staff based on our ability to have on campus events as we continue to abide by CDC guidelines and FBISD policies.
How Do I Contribute?
Write a check for the amount you wish to contribute and mail it in along with the attached form. Keep the receipt portion for your taxes. You may also drop off a check Attn: KPO at the front office. Credit card contributions can be made by clicking the link in the attached form, or through the donation link on www.kempnerparents.org.
Contributors of $25 or more will have their name entered in a drawing for an Amazon gift card.
All contributions, no matter the amount, are greatly appreciated!
We are striving for 100% participation from our KHS families, as KPO will be doing all we can to support our students, teachers and campus during these unprecedented times.
Kempner Parent Organization