KPO Executive Board Meeting
Thursday, March 4, 2021
KPO GENERAL MEETING
Thursday, March 11, 2021
COME JOIN US!
(Virtual meeting: please click here)
*If you have any difficulty when you click the link and a passcode is requested, please try 261872.
HOUSTON FOOD BANK
Kempner High School
Every 3rd Saturday of each month, January - May, 2021
Be Connected. Be Heard. Be Informed.
Past & Current Projects
I want it all.
Become a KPO member and help us help the school!
The Kempner Parent Organization would like to invite you to our next meeting of the 2020-2021 school year.
Thursday, March 11, 2021
This will be a virtual meeting via Zoom. Join us to learn more about KPO and how you can share your talents.
If you have communicated with us we look forward to working with you this year.
It's never too late to join us as we work to support the students, teachers and staff grow and succeed this school year!
Please join the virtual meeting by clicking here.
**If you have any difficulty when you click the link and a passcode is requested, please try 261872**
We look forward to seeing you on Thursday, March 11th!
How can you help?
Join the KPO today!
Dear Kempner Family:
The Kempner Parent Organization (Kempner’s PTO) invites you to join the “Commitment to Learning” campaign to show support for our KHS students, faculty and staff. The KPO membership drive is combined with the fundraising campaign so that you can conveniently make a single payment. The KPO is funded by membership dues, donations and weekly cookie sales conducted at KHS. Unfortunately, our cookie fundraiser is on hold at this time due to CDC Guidelines and FBISD policy.
Why Join the KPO as a Member?
The KPO’s mission is
- To develop and promote understanding, cooperation, and support among parents, teachers and administrators in order to provide the best possible education for our children
- To improve our school environment with resources that are not provided or not provided for sufficiently in the school and district budgets but are deemed necessary or desirable by the staff for the support and education of our children
- To enhance students’ educational experience by supporting academic and enrichment activities
We do this through:
- Holding monthly PTO meetings in an informal “meet & greet” format to inform parents about KHS activities and events while allowing parents to make connections with others in the community.
- Actively reaching out to new parents at various KHS meetings for incoming students.
- Funding numerous projects for the benefit of our KHS students, including partnerships with administration and student organizations
Why Support the PTO “Commitment to Learning” Fundraising Campaign?
- KHS operates at a level beyond FBISD funding – the school as a whole is sustained by fundraising by the KPO, while the athletics and band programs are supported by their own booster clubs (KABC and KMCBC)
- KHS receives 100% of your donation - every dollar benefits students and teachers.
- KPO is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization and all contributions are tax deductible.
Where Does the Money Go?
- Faculty Grants – The largest recipient of KPO funds; faculty grants provide classroom supplies and equipment not funded by the district. Grants are given to both academics and fine arts programs so as to benefit all students, regardless of participation in extracurricular activities.
- Teacher Appreciation – In the past, we have hosted a Welcome Back Breakfast for the teachers in the Fall, and a luncheon in the Spring.
- Senior Breakfast – In the past, we have hosted his annual event the final week of school to celebrate all graduating Seniors.
- Excellence Recognition – In the past, we have partnered with administration to recognize excellence in students, i.e. AP Scholars, Honor Roll, Perfect Attendance.
We hope to be able to provide these well-deserved recognition events for our students and staff based on our ability to have on campus events as we continue to abide by CDC guidelines and FBISD policies.
How Do I Contribute?
Write a check for the amount you wish to contribute and mail it in along with the attached form. Keep the receipt portion for your taxes. You may also drop off a check Attn: KPO at the front office. Credit card contributions can be made by clicking the link in the attached form, or through the donation link on www.kempnerparents.org.
Contributors of $25 or more will have their name entered in a drawing for an Amazon gift card.
All contributions, no matter the amount, are greatly appreciated!
We are striving for 100% participation from our KHS families, as KPO will be doing all we can to support our students, teachers and campus during these unprecedented times.
Kempner Parent Organization
Find out how the KPO is working for your school
Got PB & J ?
Help Someone in Need!
Help those less fortunate this holiday season! Your Kempner Parent Organization is collecting Peanut Butter and Jelly (plastic jars or squeezable containers) to be donated to FBISD”s Shared Dreams program.
This year has been difficult for all of us. Unfortunately, it has increased the number of families needing assistance. Will you be part of the solution? Students, Parents, Teachers and Staff may drop their PB & J donations off in the marked boxes inside the entry doors of KHS.
Shared Dreams assists FBISD students year round with needs such as clothing, uniforms, toiletries, food and school supplies. Shared Dreams assisted 20,034 students from all FBISD campuses combined last school year.
Don’t miss out! You now have an opportunity to help in this effort! We will be collecting Peanut Butter and Jelly Monday, November 16th – Friday, December 4th, 2020. KPO volunteers will be outside the front door on Monday, November 30th from 7–8am & Wednesday December 2nd from 2-3pm for a social distance drop off!
Sign up to volunteer at Cougar Cove!
Exciting news about Kempner Cougar Cove!
We are pleased to inform you of a new and exciting partnership between Kempner Parent Organization (KPO) and FBISD Collaborative Communities/Shared Dreams. KPO is being given the opportunity to be one of the first FBISD schools to be recognized as an “Exemplary Partnership” campus. Our KPO is partnering with FBISD Collaborative Communities/Shared Dreams to prepare and stock a room where students faced with a difficult and challenging situation may receive immediate assistance. We are calling our “Exemplary Partnership” Cougar Cove. Cougar Cove is meant to be a sustainable, ongoing, campus-wide program that will serve Kempner students now but as the program grows, the 8 additional schools in our feeder pattern will also be served.
Cougar Cove will be housed in Room 806 and staffed by parent volunteers. Cougar Cove will be open on Mondays and Fridays from
11 am - 2 pm beginning Friday, January 29, 2021. Privacy and confidentiality are a priority in serving our students. Only a student ID number will be used for students who wish to be assisted. Food, toiletries and school supplies will be available to those who visit Cougar Cove.
Food and personal care items not only impact the health of our students but will also help them be more focused on their education. We also hope that this program will help to remove a small burden from their family and let them know someone cares.
If you are in a situation in which this program will benefit your family, we look forward to serving you. If you are able to support this program, we look forward to accepting your donation as KPO strives to support our students and make our community a better place.
The Houston Food Bank continues to partner with FBISD on the 3rd Saturday of the month from January thru May to serve families in the KHS parking lot from 9am – 12 noon.
View our website: http://www.kempnerparents.org/
Questions may be sent to KempnerPTO@gmail.com